A Sourcebook on the Augustan Age
This section will eventually cover Roman politics, administration, art, religion, social history, literature, and philosophy in the Augustan age.
For now, please refer to these soucebooks:
- Chisholm K. and Ferguson J. Rome: The Augustan Age. New York: Oxford University Press, 1981.
- Reinhold M. The Golden Age of Augustus. 2nd edition. Sarasota: Samuel Stevens & Co., 1978.
- Rogers RS, Scott K and Ward MM. Caesaris Augusti Res Gestae ate Fragmenta. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1990.
- Malcovati H. Imeratoris Caesaris Augusti: Operum Fragmenta. Aug. Taurinorum, In aedibus Paraviae, 1962.
- Lewis N and Reinhold M. Roman Civilization: Selected Readings. Volume 1: The Republic and the Augustan Age. 3rd edition. ew York: Columbia University Press, 1990.
- Braund DC. Augustus to Nero: A Sourcebook on Roman History 31 BC - AD 68. Totowa: Barnes and Noble Books, 1985.
- Mellor R. From Augustus to Nero: The First Dynasty of Imperial Rome. East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 1990.
- Includes secondary texts.
ed. Kaegi; White
Readings in Western Civilization
Rome: Late Republic and Principate
Ides of March.
These are more of the important texts of Augustus' career: